Prepare and Print 940 Forms with Payroll Mate Payroll Software
Payroll Mate generates 940 forms for users with no hassle. Any payroll checks created within the year will automatically be accounted into the 940 form.
To generate Form 940: Employer’s Annual Federal Unemployment (FUTA) Tax Return click on "Forms" from the navigation pane which appears on the left side of Payroll Mate window. Once the user has reached the Forms Navigation menu, click on "940" shortcut, to open the "Form 940" window.
Test Drive Our Payroll Package Free!
Click Here to Download
What is form 940?
Form 940 is used to report annual Federal
- Together with state unemployment tax , the FUTA tax provides necessary funds needed to pay unemployment compensation to workers who have lost their jobs.
- As of tax year 2008 the FUTA tax applies to the first $7,000 paid to each employee during a calendar year after subtracting any exempt payments.
- Federal Unemployment Tax gets paid by employers only.
- Although payroll form 940 covers a calendar year, an employer may have to deposit FUTA tax before s\he files the return. If the FUTA tax is more than $500 for the calendar year, the employer must deposit at least one quarterly payment.
- For more information about form 940 payroll forms, refer to "Instructions for Form 940 Employer’s Annual Federal Unemployment (FUTA) Tax Return" which can be downloaded from the IRS website.