Use this 2018 1099 software to file unlimited 1099 returns with the IRS and state departments of revenue through paper and electronic filing. You can also use to furnish 1099 forms to recipients on paper or PDF documents. Import 1099 forms from Excel, QuickBooks, Sage, Dynamics and other sources.The software can also be ordered with compatible paper, forms, envelopes and other supplies.
E-File 1099s with both states that do participate in the combined fed / state filing program and states that require direct upload. Some of the states that require direct 1099 upload include Connecticut, Delaware, Iowa, Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
Import 1099s from many accounting systems such as: Accounting Seed, Bill.com, Abila MIP Fund Accounting, NewViews Accounting Software, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, Orchestrated Business Management Software, Compeat Restaurant Accounting System, Zoho Books, AccountEdge accounting software, AccountingSuite Online Accounting & Inventory, FreshBooks, GreenSlate Accounting Software, TOPS ONE Condo and HOA Management Software, WP1099 WordPress plugin, ASAP Accounting and Payroll Software, ParishSOFT Accounting (PSA) Software, Aplos Nonprofit Software, BMS CaseLink Office / TrustWorks, AccountEdge Software.
If you used the software in 2017 then you can easily bring over your recipients and forms data using the rollover feature, plug-in 2018 amounts and print / submit returns.
What's New for Tax Year 2018?
- Form 1096 has been revised to reflect the addition of two new forms.
- Form 1099-DIV: New box 5 section 199A dividends.
- Form 1099-R: A new box to show the date of a payment of reportable death benefits.
- For 2018, electronic 1099 filers should anticipate that the IRS will reject a mixed submission with a single payer record after January 31, 2019. A "mixed submission" is one that includes one or more Forms 1099-MISC reporting NEC (non-employee compensation) and one or more Forms 1099-MISC that do not report NEC.
- New mailing address for Kansas City, MO.
- New filing location for certain states.
- Backup withholding rate lowered to 24%.
- The IRS FIRE Production System will be available mid January 2019.
- The FIRE Test System is available from the beginning of January 2019, through the end of August 2019.
- The IRS has updated form 8809, Application for Extension of Time to File Information Returns.
- The IRS address for filing information returns electronically is https://fire.irs.gov/ .
- The address to send a test file electronically is https://fire.test.irs.gov .
- Use Form 8809 to request an initial or additional extension of time to file 1099 forms.