This screen allows the user to define the different payroll tax settings for an employee inside Payroll Mate Payroll Software. Some of the settings include:
- Federal Filing Status.
- Number of Federal Allowances
- Pay Frequency.
- Whether the employee receives Advance EIC Payments or not.
- Whether the employee participates in a retirement plan or not.
- State Income Tax Setup.
Test Drive Payroll Mate Payroll Software
Below is more information about some of the fields used in this dialog:
- The value for "Federal Filing Status" can be Single, Married or Head of Household.
- The number of federal allowances should be taken from form W-4. The employee needs to complete Form W-4 so that the employer can withhold the correct federal income tax amount.
- The number of state allowances is usually taken from the state "Employee's Withholding Certificate" form.
- Pay Frequency (or payroll period) represents how often a payment of
wages is ordinarily made to an employee:
- Weekly Payroll: once per week or 52 pay periods.
- Bi-Weekly Payroll: every other week or 26 pay periods.
- Semi-Monthly Payroll: twice per month or 24 pay periods.
- Monthly Payroll: once per month or 12 pay periods.
Buy Our Payroll Software for $119 only!
Payroll Mate software offers all the functionality needed by a small to mid size business to process payroll accurately and quickly. Some of the features of this package include the ability to define unlimited earning types, taxes and deduction types, up to date tax tables, comprehensive payroll reports and much more.
So if you are trying to know how to figure payroll taxes, how to do payroll or how to calculate payroll deductions then this software is for you.