Use this 2019 1099 software to file unlimited 1099 returns with the IRS and state departments of revenue through paper and electronic filing. You can also use to furnish 1099 forms to recipients on paper or PDF documents. Import 1099 forms from Excel, QuickBooks, Sage, Dynamics and other sources.The software can also be ordered with compatible paper, forms, envelopes and other supplies.
E-File 1099s with both states that do participate in the combined fed / state filing program and states that require direct upload. Some of the states that require direct 1099 upload include Connecticut, Delaware, Iowa, Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
If you used the software in 2018 then you can easily bring over your recipients and forms data using the rollover feature, plug-in 2019 amounts and print / submit returns.
What's New for Tax Year 2019?
- In the next three years, the 1099 Electronic filing threshold will be significantly reduced. For calendar year 2020 businesses filing 250 or more forms must e-file. For calendar year 2021 businesses filing 100 or more forms must e-file and for calendar year 2022 the number drops to just 10 forms.
- Form 1096 has been revised to reflect the addition of a new form.
- Under new IRS regulations that go into effect January 1, 2021, employers can shorten an employee’s Social Security number (SSN) on W-2s (employee copies) to help prevent identity theft. This truncation usually involves masking the first five digits of the nine-digit number with asterisks or Xs, such as XXX-XX-5678.
- North Carolina Department of Revenue requires all businesses to file their 2019 W-2 and 1099 forms electronically (see NC-30).
- Effective January 1st, 2020, a new IRS Form W-4 must be used by new employees to indicate their personal allowances, which affects the federal income tax an employer withholds from their wages.
- 2019 Form W-2: Box 9 Verification code is no longer in use.
- 2019 Form 1098 Box 11 Mortgage acquisition date : If the mortgage was acquired in 2019, enter the date of acquisition in the new box 11.
- 2019 Form 1098-T:Box 3 is no longer applicable and has been shaded on the form.
- 2019 Form 1099-R: Escheat to state. Payments from IRAs to state unclaimed property funds under escheat laws must be reported on Form 1099-R.
- 2019 Form 1099-PATR: Box 7 Qualified payments—For specified agricultural and horticultural cooperatives only, qualified payments paid to the patron will be reported in new box 7.
- If any Forms 1099-MISC that report nonemployee compensation are to be filed after Jan. 31, 2019, a separate transmission should be made from any other Forms 1099-MISC that do not report nonemployee compensation.
- Form 1099-NEC: The IRS is bringing back Form 1099-NEC (last used in 1982) to report nonemployee compensation. The form will replace nonemployee portion (Box 7) of the old Form 1099-MISC. This form does not apply for 2019, the due date for furnishing the new form to recipients and the IRS will be Feb. 1, 2021.
- The IRS FIRE Production System will be available mid January 2020.
- The FIRE Test System is available from the beginning of January 2020, through the end of August 2020.
- The IRS has updated form 8809, Application for Extension of Time to File Information Returns.
- The IRS address for filing information returns electronically is https://fire.irs.gov/ .
- The address to send a test file electronically is https://fire.test.irs.gov .
- Use Form 8809 to request an initial or additional extension of time to file 1099 forms.