Step by step instructions on how to print form 1099-K (credit card) using W2 Mate software
Form 1099-K preparation is a software feature in the W2 Mate program that enables 1099-K business filers including transportation companies and cab owners to create government-compliant and professional 1099-K forms. W2 Mate – W2 1099 software is user-friendly and requires minor technical skills, which gives every business owner or tax professional the opportunity to follow IRS regulations with minimal effort. Installing and mastering W2 Mate software is straightforward.
- Step 1: Install W2 Mate: Visit our W2 Mate software page, and click the “Download Free Trial” button. Follow the installation wizard instructions, until W2 Mate is installed on your machine.
- Step 2: Open W2 Mate by clicking the icon on the desktop.
- Step 3: Create a new file for your company by clicking the Company > New menu item from the top menu. In the dialog that comes up enter your company name in the Employer Name field.
- Step 4: Enter the list of 1099-K recipients one by one or import data from file, QuickBooks, Peachtree Accounting Software, Microsoft Dynamics or any other software supported by W2 Mate.
- Step 5: Navigate to the 1099-K form screen and review the 1099-K information for each recipient.
- Step 6: If you want to print recipient 1099-K forms on regular paper then select the print button. If you want generate PDF 1099-K forms which you can email to the payees then select Create PDF option.
- Step 7: Print 1099-K copy A to be sent to the IRS. If you are e-filing then select E-Filing > 1099-K forms from the top menu.
- Step 8: If you are filing on paper then navigate to the 1096 form screen, review the data auto populated by W2 Mate and select print.
- Step 9: If you are filing with the IRS on paper then mail your 1099-K forms to the address printed on the 1096 form. If you are e-filing then log into IRS FIRE system and send the electronic submission file.
- Step 10: Once you are done 1099-K processing, select Tools > Backup Company in order to create a backup of your data and then store the resulting file in a secure place.
Our 1099-K software is available for immediate download from our website by clicking the link below: