The IRS introduced the following changes to forms 1099-DIV in 2013:
– Two new copies have been added: “Copy 1 for State Tax Department” and “Copy 2 to be filed with recipient’s state income tax return, when required.”
– The size of “Recipient’s name” box has been reduced.
– The size of “City or Town” box has been increased to accommodate additional information.
– The “Account Number” and “2nd TIN not” boxes have been moved.
– Although the size of the “Payer’s federal identification number” and “Recipient’s identification number” boxes remained the same, the amount of space allowed for entering data has been reduced.
– Lines separating a number of boxes have been shifted.
– Verbiage changes to both payer and recipient address boxes.
A free 1099-DIV Software trial can be downloaded from our website by visiting