Sage Peachtree users wanting to print 1099-R forms can use our 1099-R software to import, process, file, print and E-File IRS 1099-R (Distributions From Pensions, Annuities, Retirement or Profit-Sharing Plans, IRAs, Insurance Contracts, etc.) forms.
The 1099 software ships with a unique and powerful wizard that can map input 1099 data stored inside Peachtree into 1099-R forms.
What the user needs to do is generate the 1099 Vendor report inside Peachtree and our software can take it from there.
How to print Peachtree 1099R Forms.
- Start W2 Mate. If you do not have W2 Mate installed you can download a FREE trial from the 1099 software download page.
- From the top menu inside W2 Mate select Import Data > From Sage Peachtree (1099 Data). This will start the Peachtree 1099 import wizard.
- Follow the wizard instructions to generate and prepare the 1099 Vendor report inside Peachtree.
- Load the 1099 Vendor report inside the W2 Mate import Wizard. Check the box “I would like to remap (re-assign) input 1099 data (leave this box unchecked to use input 1099 data AS IS)”. Under the “New 1099 form you would like Peachtree 1099 data be mapped to:” select “Form 1099-R Retirement”. Under the “1099 box you would like the money amount be mapped to” select the 1099-R box you want the money amounts go to (for example box 1 Gross distribution).
- In the next step you will review the data and do any modifications you deem necessary. Once you are ready to do the import click “Next” and W2 Mate will import the data.
- Now the Peachtree 1099 data is imported inside W2 Mate as 1099-R.
- Now from the left toolbar inside W2 Mate select “1099 and 1098 forms”. This will take you to the 1099 / 1098 forms screen. Inside this screen you will be able to review the data in a screen identical to the 1099-R form from the IRS.
- To print Peachtree 1099-R forms simply click the print button. This will bring up the “Print 1099 Forms” dialog. Select the recipients and type of copy. Remember that W2 Mate can print the following copies on white paper without the need for forms: 1099 R Copy B – To be filed with recipient’s federal tax income tax return, when required, 1099R Copy C – For Recipient’s Records, 1099-R Copy D – For Payer, 1099 R Copy 1 – For State, City, or Local Tax Department., 1099R Copy 2 – To be filed with recipient’s state income tax return, when required.
- If you want to print copy A for the IRS, then you will need to feed the printer with 1099-R laser forms or pre-printed forms and then select “Print data only on a preprinted Red-ink Laser form [Copy A for For Internal Revenue Service Center]”.
- That’s it you are done printing Peachtree 1099-R Forms.
Please note that the above steps also apply if you want to print Peachtree 1099-MISC, 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-R, 1099-S, 1098-T, 1098, 1099-A, 1099-B, 1099-C, 1099-PATR or 1099-OID.
How to E-File Peachtree 1099-R Forms (Peachtree 1099-R Electronic Filing).
- If you have not imported the 1099 data from Peachtree as 1099-R yet, then you need to start by doing that (follow the steps from 1 to 6 above).
- Now from the top menu inside W2 Mate select E-Filing and select 1099-R forms. You will use this dialog to create the electronic Federal 1099-R E-file.
- In the dialog that comes up you will need to enter the transmitter information and the company information. You will also need to enter the TCC code (Transmitter Control Code) which is assigned to you when you register to file electronically with the IRS FIRE system. Once you enter all the information click OK to generate the file.
- Now point your browser to http://fire.irs.gov to connect to the FIRE System.
- If this is the first time you log into the IRS FIRE system then Click “Create New Account” and follow the instructions on the screen.
- If you have logged on previously Click “Log On”, Enter your User ID, Enter your Password and “Click here to continue”.
- Click “Send Information Returns”.
- Enter your TCC. Enter your TIN. Click “Submit”. Click “Browse” to locate the file generated in step 3 above and open it. Click “Upload”. When the upload is complete, the screen will display the total bytes received and display the name of the file just uploaded. It is your responsibility to check the acceptability of your file. If you do not receive an e-mail in 1-2 business days or your e-mail indicates the file is bad, log back into the FIRE system and click on CHECK FILE STATUS to view the results of your file.
- That’s it you are done E-Filing Peachtree 1099-R Forms.
Please note that the above steps also apply if you want to E-File Peachtree 1099-MISC, 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-R, 1099-S, 1098-T, 1098, 1099-A, 1099-B, 1099-C, 1099-PATR or 1099-OID.
Start printing Peachtree 1099-R forms today, download our FREE 1099 software demo. You can purchase our software and receive instantly.