Payroll Mate is an excellent alternative to QuickPayroll. Below is a short list of what this payroll software can do:
- Automatically calculates federal and state tax withholding.
- Supports different types of pay periods including weekly, biweekly,semimonthly and monthly.
- Supports customizable income, tax and deductions categories.
- Supports income per mile and per piece.
- Supports fringe benefits.
- Prints forms 940, 941, 944, W2 Copy B, W2 Copy C, W2 Copy D, W2 CopyState 1 and W2 Copy State 2 on blank paper.
- Generates comprehensive reports including payroll journal, tax liability and deposit requirement.
- Handle payroll deductions that are exempt from federal and state taxes like 401K and state retirement plans.
- Exports payroll reports to Excel, CSV and PDF.
- Prints on Laser and Inkjet checks.
- Prints on preprinted red scannable W2 Copy A and W3 forms.
- Free updates during the tax year.
- One step backup and restore.
- Runs over a network.
- Generates Direct Deposit File (optional feature).
- Ability to print MICR checks on blank check stock (optional feature).
A free demo of Payroll Mate can be downloaded by going to the payroll software download page.