It’s January again and that means it’s time for businesses to fill out 1099 forms and send them to recipients and contractors. Using a 1099 reporting solution can greatly reduce the amount of time needed for 1099 fill out and help filers avoid the common errors and mistakes associated with this process. Our W2 Mate 1099 software is used by thousands of businesses and 1099 processing companies as a 1099 fill out tool including 1099 MISC fill out, 1099-R, DIV and INT fill out. If you are interested in evaluating this 1099 product, please visit the 1099 software page or go to http://www.realtaxtools.com .
1099 fill out in five easy steps:
(1) Decide what 1099 forms you need to fill out: 1099-MISC, 1099-INT, 1099-DIV and/or 1099-R. If you are looking for 1099 MISC fill out functionality only then you need W2 Mate software. If you want to fill out additional 1099 forms (1099-INT, 1099-DIV or 1099-R) then you need W2 Mate Option #5 (Additional 1099 Forms) on top of the W2 Mate software.
(2) Start W2 Mate 2009 software. If you don’t have a copy of W2 Mate, you can download and install a free demo from here. If you want to fill out 1099s for a year other than 2009, we also offer other years like 2008 , 2007 , 2006 and before.
(3) Under the 1099 recipients screen, fill out the information for each one of your recipients / contractors. Make sure to fill out Types of 1099 forms received (MISC, INT, DIV or R).
(4) Now browse to the “1099 Forms” screen. This is where you fill out 1099 form details. This screen depends on the type of form(s) received by this recipient.
For 1099 MISC Fill Out you have the following boxers.
Box 1. Rents
Box 2. Royalties
Box 3. Other Income
Box 4. Federal Income Tax Withheld
Box 5. Fishing Boat Proceeds
Box 6. Medical and Health Care Payments
Box 7. Nonemployee Compensation
Box 8. Substitute Payments in Lieu of Dividends or Interest
Box 9. Payer Made Direct Sales of $5,000 or More
Box 10. Crop Insurance Proceeds
Box 13. Excess Golden Parachute Payments
Box 14. Gross Proceeds Paid to an Attorney
Box 15a. Section 409A Deferrals
Box 15b. Section 409A Income
Boxes 16–18. State Information
(5) Print the 1099 forms we filled out in step 4 above. You can print all the recipients at once or print a subset of the 1099 recipients. You can also decide what copy to print.
For 1099-MISC you have the following copies which you can print after our fill-out the 1099 MISC information
Copy 1 For State Tax Department
Copy B For Recipient
Copy 2 To be filed with recipient’s state income tax return, when required.
Copy C For Payer
Important Note: Using our software you can fill out 1099s for the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West, Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.